- Read Dr. RS. Pappu’s papers!
- read Dr. Rajaguru’s papers
- New perspectives on the Indian Acheulian: A seminar to honor Dr. R.S. Pappu in his 80th year
- Dr. R.S. Pappus publications available for download
- Indian Quaternary Palaeoenvironments and Geoarchaeology: A seminar to honor Dr.S.N. Rajaguru in his 80th year. on 23rd Nov 2013
Monthly Archives: November 2010
“If the Chirki assemblage was found in Africa, it couldn’t be younger than 1 million years” – Gudrun Corvinus, to Dr Rajaguru and me on her first visit to Pune after she left in the 1970’s (1987?1988?) “Why do you … Continue reading
The only discontinuity in the Indian Stone Age Sequence is between the Middle Palaeolithic and the Upper Palaeolithic.
This statement is the real justification for defining only two stages in the Indian Palaeolithic. If this is accepted then two stages become logical, if there are breaks elsewhere (between Lower and Middle Palaeolithic or Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic) then … Continue reading
Question 1: Why is it important to revise the Indian Stone Age sequence? “Even where the northern and western European cultural sequence is being emulated, such as in India, … I have the impression that this is largely due to … Continue reading
Revising the Indian Stone Age Sequence Update I had circulated a small writeup which I emailed to people involved in Indian palaeolithic studies. I also began a blog – sheilamishra.wordpress.com – where I posted the same writeup so people I … Continue reading